River Rally 2011
Don't miss the boat! River Rally 2011 Early Bird Registration coming to a close!
Alberta Ecotrust is extending the Early Bird deadline for River Rally 2011 so you can take advantage of the great pricing. Early bird pricing - an affordable $75 for a 3-day conference that includes a raft trip - ends July 22. After this time, the price jumps to $100 (and eventually $135). For info and to register: http://www.albertaecotrust.com/rally2011
We are also excited to make a few new announcements about River Rally 2011, so read on!
- $1500 Watershed Prize available to River Rally participants! We are excited to announce that Rally attendees representing nonprofit organizations will be entered into a live draw to be held at the river on World River's Day (Sunday September 25). The prize is a $1500 mini-grant for their organization to use to advance its mission. We want to celebrate and appreciate the great work underway to steward Alberta's water resources!
- Road Trips to River Rally! We will be offering free transportation via 'River Buses' (Passenger Vans) from up to four different regions of the province to encourage as much participation from rural communities as possible and allow folks from adjacent communities to get to know each other on the way to and from Edmonton - expanding networks and sharing ideas. Watch our website or Facebook page for more details.
- Exciting Sessions! In addition to bringing in our keynote speaker, Kivi Leroux Miller who is a nonprofit marketing guru, we are finalizing the details on the following sessions:
- Cumulative Effects for Watershed Stewardship Groups;
- Working with Municipal Government;
- Finding and Using the best 'shed Tools;
- Shoestring Fundraising; and more!
We will post a draft agenda next week so keep an eye on our .
What is River Rally?
Alberta Ecotrust is hosting River Rally from September 23-25 in Edmonton. River Rally is a multi-day conference celebrating water and watershed stewardship, and you are invited to attend!
River Rally will feature keynote speaker Kivi Leroux Miller, a communications guru known for helping small nonprofits with limited resources raise friends and funds to achieve their missions. Alberta Ecotrust is planning sessions on watershed management, planning and implementation, fundraising, communications, and engaging community and politicians. There will also be an opportunity to take an interpretive raft trip along the North Saskatchewan River through the heart of Edmonton.
Early Bird registration is open until July 22, and the first 25 registrants will receive a copy of Kivi's book "The Nonprofit Marketing Guide" ($50 value) for free!
For more information and to register, visit the Alberta Ecotrust River Rally website.